'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Busy, Busy...

Sorry I have been MIA this past week! I was out of town for 4 days and my Mom had a stroke while I was gone so I have been really busy since I got home. She is doing really well, thankfully it was a mild stroke and left only speech impairment and a small loss of use of the right hand. She should recover all of that. So I will get back to normal posting here in the next couple days.

One good thing is I get to read a lot while just sitting in the hospital watching mom sleep! I am reading 3 books! I know I'm crazy!

'Miss Pym in Dispose' by Josephine Tey

'A Midwife's Tale: The Life of Martha Ballard, Based on Her Diary, 1785-1812' by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich  part of a read-a-long with Unputdownables 

and first book on my new ereader:
'The Circular Staircase' by Mary Roberts Rinehart

I'm not sure if Miss Pym is the one on the spiral staircase or Gertrude is delivering a baby in Maine but I sure am enjoying them all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...